[Nfb-krafters-korner] Other Looms ...

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Sun Jan 17 12:31:38 UTC 2010

Right now, I only use it for caps and scarfs.  I'd like to try a lap throw,
making strips and sewing them together.  I have also made a very long
stocking cap in stripes of black and purple, my husband is a Raven's fan,
then he uses the long tail as a scarf for his neck.  Way back when we were
kids, you could buy the same scarfs, but they narrowed at the end.  I like
them the same width because they are nicer to snuggle your neck down into.

The turm knitting rake or lap loom was a turm that the colonials used for
them.  supposedly, they started children on them before they learned to use
the larger floor looms.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net