[Nfb-krafters-korner] Yarn reference

slery slerythema at insightbb.com
Sun Jul 4 19:05:03 UTC 2010

I am wondering if there is a reference somewhere that details the qualities
of yarn. What I am referring to is something like Cotton makes a light
weight fabric, is very absorbent, machine wash and dry, drapey. I want to be
able to look up and decide what type of yarn would be best for a certain
project. An example is that I am considering designing and making a purse. I
like the feel and how light weight cotton is. However, it absorbs water so
if you are in the rain I would rather have something that would repel water
better but is still machine wash and dry. Also, cotton is drapey so I would
actually like something that would retain its shape a little more for this
project.

I hope I have been clear and someone can help.

Cindy S.