[Nfb-krafters-korner] Help from sewers or knitters

slery slerythema at insightbb.com
Fri Jul 16 18:04:38 UTC 2010

Okay, I am still in the contemplating stage for the purse that I want to
design. I may have found interfacing that will give me what I want.

Has anyone used this:

Pellon Easy-Shaper Fusible Interfacing- 20''W x 30yds
    * Fusible Easy Shape Interfacing is 22'' Wide
    * Comes in 30 Yards

Add shape and support to garments, particularly in collars, cuffs and
waitstbands. Fusible Easy Shape Interfacing 22" Wide 30 Yards-White -- A
non-woven, fusible interfacing for lightweight fabrics. 70% polyester, 30%
rayon. Interleafed with instructions.

This sounds like what they put in men's shirt collars to make them very
stiff. If so, that is washable like I am looking for. There are a couple of
different varieties that sound like this.

Since my sewing experience is so little that I need to read learn it, I am
asking the more experienced on this list.

Cindy S.