[Nfb-krafters-korner] Don't cook eggs in Ziploc!

Dixie blueherons at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 18 03:36:08 UTC 2010

I used the Ziploc for the ice cream.  That is cold so doesn't pose the same
risks as the heated plastics do.

I understand that there is a special make of Ziploc bags for steaming and
cooking in.  They are not the regular or the freezer bags but a specially
designed bag for cooking in. I have never seen them in my local store
though.   If I were to do the omelet in a bag I would use those specially
designed bags.

I did make the omelet in a bag once with my scout troop before I read the
warnings about cooking in the ziplock bags.  They were good, nice and light.
The girls liked each creating their own special omelet.    They do not need
the butter as they slip right out of the bag when they are cooked.

Dixie

ECCLESIASTES 3: 1 To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose
under
heaven.