[Nfb-krafters-korner] Glad® SimplyCooking™ Microwave Steaming Bags

Dixie blueherons at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 18 21:30:57 UTC 2010

Hi Eileen,

I completely agree with you.  I no longer cook in plastics either.  If I was to try something like this, I might use a mason jar as they are designed to be cooked in hot water.  Crack the eggs into a mason jar, add the additional toppings beat it with a fork, then cover with the sealing lid and cook in a pot of hot water.  The eggs in the bags were to take 13 minutes.  I might add a couple minutes for the glass to conduct the heat.

On further thought, I wonder if the sealed mason jar would float as it isn't completely full so then lighter than water.

It sounds like I need to try an experiment when I get home where the canning jars are.

Dixie

ECCLESIASTES 3: 1 To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under
heaven.