[Nfb-krafters-korner] Knitting loom was RE: Need Help with a Knitting/Crocheting Device

slery slerythema at insightbb.com
Wed Jul 21 04:13:54 UTC 2010

Eleni,

I changed the subject line in an attempt to get you the answer you need.

What you have is called a knitting loom or knitting board. We have some
members on here that are very proficient and hopefully with the subject
change they will give you the answers that you need.

Basically, in order to start a project you should have a side peg or hook
that you place a slip knot on to hold your yarn. Then you "wrap" the pegs in
a certain direction to form your cast on row. After the first row, you will
hold your yarn against the peg above or below the loop depending on if it is
a knit or purl stitch and lift the existing loop over the peg and let it
drop off the inside of your loom. The hook needle is what you use to grab
the loop and slip it over the peg. (I think you lift the yarn over your held
yarn for a knit stitch and pull the yarn up through the loop for a purl
stitch (pull the yarn up through the loop with the hook, hold that loop with
your finger, use the hook to pull loop up over the peg, then place the loop
in your finger onto the peg)).

I did not enjoy using the loom so that is as detailed as I can get with
directions. But now that you know what it is called, you can do a search
online for various directions.

Cindy S.