[Nfb-krafters-korner] Need Help with a Knitting/Crocheting Device

Theresa Taylor tct71887 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 04:15:06 UTC 2010

It sounds like you have a brand of knifty knitter they come in circles, and
then there are various sizes of straight ones with pegs on either side of an
inch middle.
The roundone is great for making hats. I love the straight ones for making
sweaters or blankets.
The main thing when starting is you have to loop the yarn around each peg
with the cross part of the loop being towards the middle and the smooth part
of the loop being towards the outside. If you notice, each peg has a
verticle ridge on the outside. The tool you mentioned can be slipped in to
this ridge to help pull the yarn over to make the stich. Sometimes when
beginning this tool can make you take all the stiches off.
After you initially loop the yarn on...reverse the direction of your loop.
You will then have two loops on your peg but in opposite directions. You
take the bottom loop and lift it over the peg and off. After you go around
and lift all bottom loops on...start relooping another round of yarn again
to go in the opposit direction. You will start to see the finished product
coming out the bottom.
It can be frustrating at first, but it creats a beautiful product. You can
also use two colors and it is a great way to use textures. Hope this helps.
Theresa