[Nfb-krafters-korner] Slip Knot directions was: Thank you

Dixie blueherons at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 24 16:25:37 UTC 2010

When I make a slip knot I hold the tail end in my non dominant hand.  I hold
it against my palm with my middle, ring, and pinky fingers. This is with the
cut end of the yarn closest to the pinky.   Then with my dominant hand I
wrap the working yarn around the pointer finger, by going  over the side
closest to the thumb, around in back of the finger, and then towards myself
between the pointer and the middle finger. The yarn crosses itself on the
pointer finger , on the side of the finger that is facing me. I then create
a loop in the working end of the yarn and slide it  underneath the yarn that
is wrapped around the pointer finger. This is done along the edge of the
pointer finger closest to the thumb. It is slipped from the bottom of the
finger towards the thumbnail end of the finger.    Holding onto that loop I
just made,  I then pull the whole thing off my finger and I am holding onto
the part that is transferred onto the knitting needle.

Hope that helps someone who might be having trouble picturing a slip knot.

Dixie

ISAIAH 25:5 Say to those who are fearful-hearted, "Be strong, do not fear!
Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God; He
will come and save you."