[Nfb-krafters-korner] hello from lacrosse wisconsin

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Tue Jul 27 11:58:21 UTC 2010

Hi Jeannie,
I understand your desire to continue being the artist you are. I was a
professor of fine arts and humanities until I lost my sight two years ago.
My paintings over the last 30 years have been exhibited internationally, and
my work/career is archived in the Museum of Women in the Arts, Washington,
DC.
Sight loss left me stunned - my entire life and career was based IN the
arts. So, I truly understand.

Last summer, I sold everything out of my painting studio to a young college
art major. I, too, turned to pottery and have been making pottery at a local
arts center. The art teacher (me) is now a student, and I love it. I started
selling my pottery at arts festivals this year, and have done two shows with
it now, and have several more to do this year. I also am seheduled to be in
a museum show in Sept-October with my sculptural pieces, and had another
work in a museum show this summer, too.
So, life goes on and so will you.
Being an artist is not dependent on seeing with your eyes alone, as you
know. I is something that is in your core, your very being, and cannot be
taken away from you. YOU will DO WELL and you will be very pleased with your
own transition. I stood by my display of pottery a couple weeks ago at a
festival, and I was so proud of my achievement and of the work I had done.
And, best of all is the pride you will have as someone reaches out to pick
it up and hand it to you - they want to buy it and it makes them very happy.
It is all ok!!!

I will love hearing about your own transition and what you are doing, too.
Lynda Lambert
http://lyndalambert.com

Lynda Lambert
River Road Studio, Since 1976