[Nfb-krafters-korner] Paper Flowers

Dixie blueherons at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 27 14:30:28 UTC 2010

I used to make these.

Materials needed:

Several layers of tissue paper
1 chenille wire. (Pronounced shin-neil   for screen readers)This is a
bendable wire that is covered in a fuzzy layer.

In order to make the paper flowers, Pile up several layers of tissue paper
all together.   fold them accordion style.  Fold them so there are
approximately 1/2 inch folds.  Then fold a chenille wire, or in the old days
called a pipe cleaner, in half. This will make a U shape.   Slide the folded
tissues up into the fold of the pipe cleaner, so the paper is tucked up
against the inside of the U of the folded wire, and in the middle of the
length of the tissues.  Twist the chenille ends together like you would the
twist tie on a bread wrapper, Keep twisting so the full length of the wire
is twisted against the other half of the wire. this will make the stem of
the flower. Twist it so it is snug to the bottom of the tissues, and all the
way down to the cut end of the wire.  This will make your flower stem.  Now
carefully separate the layers of paper one layer at a time.   Pull The first
layer, or top layer almost in the opposite direction of the stem end of the
flower.  This will make the center of the flower.  Then pull up the second
layer but not all the way to the middle of the flower.  Continue until you
have fluffed up each layer of tissue paper.  You can then manipulate the
paper to make the layers into a nice full flower head.

Dixie

ISAIAH 43
1 But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed
you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your
name; you are Mine. 2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame
scorch you. 3 For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your
Savior;