[Nfb-krafters-korner] right on

Joe ToLove lovenergy at optonline.net
Wed Jun 2 19:04:33 UTC 2010

Yes, it would be an interesting topic for discussion.  Okay if I kick it off, well I'll let you be next.  I've always been into crafts, you might call me a crafty man...LOL.

It started in the school for the blind where I first learned I could make various things like belts, sell them and make money.  I taught in a craft store/dresshop basket weaving and weeks later was looking around the shop.  I found looms and after inventing a weavers guide that I could use,  worked for years of nightly weaving material for the dresshop.  One year I was chosen for Handicapped Artist of the year, and man did the weaving wall hangers take off.  I wove them for museums mostly, but it lasted only a few months, then the advertisements ran out.  Loom dressers were too expensive I sadly learned after the dresshop went to Main and i lost the woman they had dressing my looms.

I retired from Hermons about then and started working in the darkroom for a living.  Still I enjoyed craft fairs and learned macrame and sold plant hangers and lots more in them.  I joined a cermamic class in nightschool and got into the animal making business.  I litterally made hundreds of animals and 3d pictures for the wall.  I attended these classes for years.  My hounds were the favorite, and I still make them occasionally.

Sorry I took so long, but you know how it is.  Now I know that you are anxious to be heard, and I am just as anxious, well almost as anxious, to hear your crafting skills and business.  Now now, don't be shy!

Lovenergy,
Joe