[Nfb-krafters-korner] blind seed beaders

Laurie Porter freespirit1 at tds.net
Tue Jun 8 02:08:54 UTC 2010

Hi Linda:

I looked at your website and you are a truly remarkable artists. I'm a totally blind seed beader who works with very tiny beads. I teach beading classes on both loom and off loom seed bead stiches. However, I have never done embroidery. I suspect that bead embroidery is similar to regular embroidery except that you have to load those beads onto your thread. Once you get the touch for seed beads, you can allow the rest of your talents to come through and use them. For someone newly blind, i recommend beginning with larger beads. It didn't take me long to develop the touch for size 10s and smaller.  Please see the website for class postings. they are free to those who join the division and they are done over a conference call and also recorded and sent out to the class participants which are downloaded into mp3 files. We hope to see you soon.

thanks,

Laurie
beading instructor