[Nfb-krafters-korner] Braille was RE: needles

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Thu Jun 24 22:12:18 UTC 2010

Joyce,
I do have a bar code scanner, and a scanner that I can put in pages or books
and it will read them back to me (Kurzweil), and my best thing is the Bonz
Milestone. It has four different folders  in the internal memory, and I can
also use an external memory for more folders. Then, each folder holds a LOT
of files in them too. I use it for my addresses, phone numbers, knitting
patterns, notes, etc. It is small, like a credit card, and fits in thepasm
of my hand. I can put it around my neck and take it anywhere or put it in my
purse. So with all these devices, I can find things quickly and easily.
I am an avid reader, and read about 10-15 books a month, and do that through
the Library of Congress program...I can get any book I want that way
usually.

I am a quick learner, and learned the alphabet very quickly when I was at
the Blind and Vision Rehabilitation  School  in Homestead, PA. After coming
home, I did follow up and do some work through Hadly. But finally, I thought
it is so much more efficient for ME to use technology which works so well
for me. Instead of writing letters to someone, I email them, or call them on
the phone and talk in person which to me makes a lot more sense than writing
a ltter.
Lynda Lambert
River Road Studio, Since 1976
www.lyndalambert.com