[Nfb-krafters-korner] a note from Linda

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 20:18:07 UTC 2010

do you sell these items?
--le

----- Original Message -----
From: <Blindhands at aol.com>
To: <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 1:27 PM
Subject: [Nfb-krafters-korner] a note from Linda

Linda sent this from another of her email addresses, so only I received
it.

The material I do my encrusted beadworking on is:  Lacy's Stiff Stuff.  I
dye it dark gray or black before working on it so that the white does not
shine
through the beads. That is my preserence, you may want to leave it  white
but I don't want any of the white surface to peek through.

After the beadworking is completed on the surface, then I glue it directly
onto the brass bracelet or necklace, or pendant form. On the back of the
form,
I put suede. The three are sandwiched together. Then, the three are
trimmed all together to only about 1/8 of an inch. and Beadworking is then
done  to
secure them all together and to make the decorative edging.
I do  believe I WILL be able to do this again...have not been able to do it
since  sight loss 2 1/2 years ago. Have not even tried to do it because I
thought
I  never could do it again, but after meeting you all here, I believe I CAN
do it  again. :)

Does anyone else here work in this technique, in this way?
Lynda
"I  drank the silence of God from a spring in the woods."
_Georg Trakl, Austrian  poet

Joyce  Kane
www.KraftersKorner.org  (http://www.krafterskorner.org/)