[Nfb-krafters-korner] Friday's Question - Scissors anyone - please read

AUDREY WELLNER rencraft at snet.net
Fri Mar 5 01:58:01 UTC 2010

--- On Thu, 3/4/10, AUDREY WELLNER <rencraft at snet.net> wrote:

From: AUDREY WELLNER <rencraft at snet.net>
Subject: Re: Drop stitch scarf.
To: "Laura White" <lewhite2 at oakland.edu>
Date: Thursday, March 4, 2010, 8:46 PM

   Thanks Laura for your pattern. It will take me awhile to put this in my loop of things to do as I am in the process of finishing a king size afghan I started last year. I have about 20 more rows to go and then some simple border work. Here's a laugh--I've only had the yarn and pattern about 20 years before I got to it. LOL  I promise it won't take me that long to get to the drop stitch technique.  You always do things for yourself last.
   So Joyce (forgot to ask permission to post this after I just finished talking to you) hope you don't mind me taking a turn.....
FRIDAY'S QUESTION: One day ahead - so you can answer by Friday!  LOL
   What projects have you made that you just wanted to cut up and throw away!

I'll start (from my email directly (off site) to Laura-see below):

    I tried to do an open knit-lace technique cape with help from someone who had more knitting experience than I, but hadn't done that particular technique before.  Oh my, did it turned out to be a big disaster, waste of time and expensive yarn. We didn't have a pattern and wound up with a long shawl, instead of a cape, that had extremely elongated tails.  We did everything to try to re-design it - making batwing type sleeves, putting yarn flowers around the shoulders to pull/hold the tails over the shoulders and the woman I made it for still isn't satisfied with it. At first she loved the advant garde style, but she's a very short person and now feels overwhelmed by it. And I feel so disgusted with trying to rework it that I'd like to cut it up and throw it away!
   Well it isn't the first and it certainly won't be the last......
 Submitted by,
   Audrey J. Wellner,
   Secretary Krafter Korner