[Nfb-krafters-korner] rag rugs

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 14:18:57 UTC 2010

My grandmother -- now long deceased, used to make rag rugs so their whole
house was full of these nice oval rag rugs.  What i remember her or my
mother saying was that she would take the rags and cut in strips and fold
them so the edges were concealed, then braid them and sew the braids
together. I never tried such a thing.  Nowadays people just don't do rag
rugs -- that came out of the depression era and before when a rag rug was
really an economical and effective solution.  But i remember growing up and
looking at grandma's rag rugs and having Mom tell how grandma saved
grandpa's old suits and shirts and made rugs out of them.
Oh well. That's the extent of my knowledge.
Happy krafting.
--le