[Nfb-krafters-korner] FRIDAYS QUESTION-Has anyone ever told you how incre...

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Fri Mar 19 17:28:14 UTC 2010

Yes, I agree with you totally on this Diane.  People comment how  fabulous
we are and wonderful that we can do our crafting.  I take the  compliment
and file it.  It is the stories I hear, " that my Mom or Grandma  use to do
that and then her sight got bad and she does not do it any  more."  Those
folks I aske, "Why doesn't she do it?"  When they tell  me due to her bad eye
sight, I tell them I can't see anything.  I encourage  them to get out there
and help them find what they need to get started  again.

I of course tell them about the Krafters Korner.org and tell them to check
us out.

I know I use to wish before I went blind and was working 2 jobs, that I
wished I had more time to do what I loved to do with my crafts and taking
pictures.  I had just started being interested in photography and had taken
some classes in a local camera shop.  Two days before I had my surgery and
went blind, I was at a Dachshund Specialty dog show  and after my male long
hair won first place in his classification, I was lying down on my tummy on
the  ground snapping pictures of little doxies jumping over rrails in  the
agility  part of the dog show.   So I haven't found a way  to do that, but
crafting is something I will never give up.

Joyce