[Nfb-krafters-korner] any bulky machine knitters?

Jewell Boll jjboll at excel.net
Sat May 15 19:39:02 UTC 2010

Hi Susan,

It is nice to meet you.

How interesting about the Churro sheep. can you tell me more about them. I
don't mind spinning merino, it just takes a little more preparation to spin
it.  I enjoy Shetland, Jacob and corridale.  These I use for knitting
outerwear and mittens. I am always looking for new types of wool breed to
spin. Do you have other sheep and do you sell the fibers.

Can you tell me what type of knitting machine you have?  Mine is a Studio or
singer that I purchased in the late 1980s. I am eager to get back into the
machine knitting, but  have forgotten some of the things I had learned.

You mention that you do a little weaving.  Do you have some vision?  How do
you read the patterns?  This is my problem.  I am trying to figure out a way
to translate weaving graphs into an accessible format for my screen reader.

Please keep in touch.

Jewell