[Nfb-krafters-korner] I'm back!

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sun May 23 20:54:12 UTC 2010

Hey everyone I'm back!  Gee I wish you all could have gone.

First we went to Tilton and stayed in a Hilton.lol Actually we stayed in a
Hampton Inn, but Hilton runs it.  Now we discovered across from the hotel
is a outlet shopping center.  So of course we checked that out and spendt
some of our money.

We had a wonderful supper at the Vineyard which is a local  restteraunt.
Next morning off to Center Harbor to Keepsake Quilting.   I picked up a
pattern that might be a new class for us in the near future. I got  some new
quilting thimbles and a few other things beside fabric to keep me  busy.

Next to Keepsake Quilting is Yarnworks!  So it was over there and I  got
some more yarn, needles that I needed and needle gauges.  I bought all  that
they had of this one kind.  It is a plastic in the shape of a hat  with a
pompom on top.  I plan on selling them down at  Convention.  In case you don't
know what this is , you can take  your knitting needle and it has holes
ranging from size 00 to 19 needle  size.  You put your needle in the various
holes to determine what size  needles you have.  They had a bunch of them and
I tried each one but this  was my favorite.  The holes go back and forth so
there is not just one row  and with someone telling you from the start it
will work great I think.   The ones I had in the past seemed hard to mark a
couple of the holes so it would  be easier to figure out what size needle you
have according to the hole the  needle was in.

There is one more shop at this place, but I did not go in to check it  out.
 It has needle work there, such as counted cross, crewel, embroidery  and
needle point.

We shoved off heading back to Connecticut around 4 p.m.  We had one  last
stop to make.  There is a large liquor stor just before leaving New
Hampshire.  Liquor is cheaper in New Hampshire due to no taxes on it.   My friend
picked up the wine and I got a couple of bottles of the flavored vokka
]vanilla and raspberry]

It was a great trip and I worked my new gal a lot.  We both needed the
working together

We are already planning our next trip up there for next year.

Joyce