[Nfb-krafters-korner] visiting a friend

Carol Osmar osmarc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 4 17:52:52 UTC 2010

I just returned home from a trip I am anxious to tell you all
about.  As some of you know I live in Michigan.  My mother, my
husband and I drove to MN for my uncle's funeral.  It just so
happens Theresa Taylor lives about a half hour from where the
funeral was, so I was able to stop and pick up the bead kits for
the next two safety pin beading classes.

Her husband Ken showed us many of the beading projects they have
done.  Most of them were quite large, maybe 15 inches tall.  I
especially liked the ice cream cone and hot air balloon.  They
were all impressive.

It was really great to sit around and talk crafts with a fellow
blind krafter and meet their family.  I wish we could all get
together.

My aunt mentioned to me that she buys kits from Herrschners.
Although I know some of you have recommended them in the past, I
have never purchased anything from them and did not know they
were located in WI.  Well, since we were coming home through WI
we just had to stop and check it out.  The clerks were very
helpful.  I picked up several things for Henrietta and Me.

Theresa and Ken are tired of hearing us say this, but we just
retired last week so we can do anything we want to do now and we
plan to do a lot of traveling.  So look out we may be coming to
your house too.  LOL

Carol