[Nfb-krafters-korner] mid week question color?

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Thu Nov 11 14:41:44 UTC 2010

I have wondered if my images of colors would fade as time passes.  Right
now, they are vivid memories.  Yes, in my dreams I am doing those kinds of
things too, and then I think, well nobody knows I cannot see but if they
find out then I can't do this any more.

I like to be sure I use color in my make up. I think that people don't
expect me to wear make up and eye shadow, and it is just sort of something I
do just to prove I can still do it.  I never leave home without make up and
especially eye shadow to match my clothing of the day.  And, I am sure there
were a few times when I left home with my face looking very different that
what I thought it looked.

At the make up counter the girl put samples in my bag. One sample that I
had, I thought was foundation. I wore it a couple of times when I went out.
Then, one day, I qwas ready to go out and my husband looked at me and was
horrified. Instead of foundation, it was a very dark night repair....OMG, I
had covered my face with it and he said I looked like a very old woman and
that it was a dark greenish color.   You know, I am abeolutely sure I had
worn that sample "foundation" to a couple of things sponsored by the local
Blind Association. Well, the guests there never noticed it, but I bet the
people helping out and the van driver did.  I shudder to think of how I must
have looked. I threw that sample away so it would never be taken as
foundation by me again.

Color does matter, especially when it is on the FACE.   Lynda