[Nfb-krafters-korner] Mid-week question - color?

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Fri Nov 12 21:36:24 UTC 2010

I do the same thing in yarn stores as I do in bead and gem shows.  I have to
take my grand daughter along to help me "see" the colors. Often I pick up
something that I think is just scrumptuous, and my grand daughter will say,
no, it is not purple, it is a very dull and ugly brown or gray. Often I
order colored yarns by the name given it it by the manufacturer. Just today
I ordered some Kaffee Fassett yarn for socks and the name of the yarns were
Twilight and Celebration...now, that is some description, right? I can see
the colors, just by the name. I am very sure they are not dull and boring.

I am a Noro Hoe so I know that ANY yarn made by Noro is going to be
absolutely wonderful and never worry about buying it. I have a really nice
stash of Noro yarns - all bought for particular projects mind you...but not
yet used. Somehow, I like knowing that I have a nice stash of Noro Yarns.

With gemstones, I know exactly what color or colors are in each of the
different gems, so all someone has to do is till me exactly what gem it is
and I know how it will look.  Some gemstones come in a wide range of color
(such as Carnelian) so I ask what the hue is of the particular stone and I
then know what it is for sure.

Lynda