[Nfb-krafters-korner] Color Wheels.

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Fri Nov 12 21:27:51 UTC 2010

What a great idea Eileen. I taught color theory for many years at the
college. This is the very first thing a person learns when taking their
first painting class.  I always spent the first three weeks of the semester
doing color theory projects with the students before any painting began. We
worked in black and white for two weeks to explore the possibilities, then
moved to the color chart and color wheel and did projects using paints.
After all that, then we began a "painting."  It is the structure on which a
painting begins.  We learned what colors do to each other when mixed
together in varying amounts. Some of the results were a total surprise -
unexpected results.

I wonder, if a person has never had sight, how do they have any idea what a
color is?  This is a mystery to me.
Lynda