[Nfb-krafters-korner] Color Wheels.

Dixie blueherons at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 13 16:23:30 UTC 2010

I used to use the DMC embroidery floss quite a bit while doing my cross
stitch.  They have hundreds of colors that they designated by numbers.  I
used to be able to pretty much  tell a color by its number and vice versa.
So for example I could say I wanted 3021 and know exactly what shade of
brown that is.  I only have a couple of those numbers left in my head.  Like
666 was a bright Christmas red.  And, their numbers had no rhyme or reason
to my thinking.  I think they were just the next number in line when they
added a new color, as opposed to having the 600s represent the reds.

But, it would be very cool if we could get a company like that to make up
some kind  of color chart or wheel for us.

Dixie