[Nfb-krafters-korner] Color Wheels.

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Sun Nov 14 11:16:43 UTC 2010

Here is a good site for a very clear explanation of a color wheel. It is a
way of organizing color, in a circle. It has three kinds of colors on it, in
a very specific order that never changes. An artist has to learn color
theory, based on a color wheel to begin with, and then expands their
knowledge to a much more complex color chart. With that knowledge, you can
then find any color you are seeking when doing a painting or a project.

My own favorite colors are Tertiary colors and those are made by mixing a
Primary with any secondary. These colors have two names, which reflect their
place on the color wheel -  Red-Orange, Blue-Violet, Yellow-Orange, etc.
These are my favorites because of the nuances they hold.

If you add white to any color, you make a tint.
If you add gray to any color, you have a hue, and it is much more subdued.
Lynda

http://www.color-chart.org/color-wheel.php