[Nfb-krafters-korner] Color wheel function

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Mon Nov 15 00:30:19 UTC 2010

Annette:

When I first mentioned having one that was accessible to us, my original
thought was that it would be helpful when working with a color and wanted to
find a coordinating, either complimentary or contrasting color.  When I
could see my vision was perfect so now a days I have a good memory of color,
but often I will struggle to think of something a little different to tgo
with a color.  For instance, let's take the color red, what goes with it?  A
lot of people, especially those who are blind having never saw will come
back with white and green which is more often than not associated with
Christmas.  Not every time I work with red to I want a representation of
Christmas so what other colors could work with red.  No matter if it is in
our crafting or wardrobe or even color coordinating and decorating our homes
I think it would be a very useful tool for people who are blind.

Now, what about a talking color wheel built into a color scanner?  How about
two additional buttons that once we scan a color,  we could be given a
verbal listing of what colors would compliment or contrast well with the
color we just scanned?  This might actually be even better than a Braille
color wheel because the color scanners are already adapted for our use.

Eileen