[Nfb-krafters-korner] Mid-week question - color?

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 16 03:03:30 UTC 2010

Oh yes, there have been many times that being partially sighted got me into
trouble.  There was a time when I was a board member for a non-profit
organization.  Prior to the meeting starting I was eating an apple and
talking to my friend who was also on the board.  Upon finishing my apple I
asked my friend "Is that the trash can" as I pointed.  She said yes, so I
tossed the remains of my apple into what I thought was a trash can.  My
friend gasped and I thought it was because I successfully tossed my apple
core into the trash can from at least 10 feet away.  As I was internally
patting myself on the back for my 2 points, my friend whispers "You tossed
it into XX's briefcase.  My friend quickly got up, snatched the apple out of
the briefcase and tossed it into the trash which was next to where the
briefcase was sitting.

There are even more of these types of stories from my partially sighted
days, but I will reframe from going into them .

Annette