[Nfb-krafters-korner] FQ: Are you crafting gifts for the holidays?

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Fri Nov 19 13:20:22 UTC 2010

I have made some bowls (pottery) for gifts. Last year, I gave two or three
pieces of pottery to each of my children for christmas. I will give them
knitted dish cloths, in the basketweave pattern, to match the bowls.

I bought all the women in the family (daughters, grand daughters) some
fabulous  slippers on sale after Christmas last year and will give them this
year. The slippers were  $60. but after Christmas I got them for $29.
on-line. I planned ahead and picked up this bargain  after Christmas.

I will give some gift certificates for yarn and craft supplies to the
daughters/grand daughters who would like to receive them. Then they can pick
out what they want, and after Christmas they can get lots more for their
dollars.

There will be lots of hand crafted items being given out by family members
at Christmas. Two of my daughters and one grand-dau;ghter are artsy/crafty
like me and my husband are and we love to make things for others and receive
hand made gifts, too.
Lynda River Woman