[Nfb-krafters-korner] Little People Keychains

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Nov 23 21:53:22 UTC 2010

I would like to thank Gail for an enjoyable Monday Night Project last  nigh
t.  I really had fun making the Little People.

I did kinda mess up the one I tried last night.  I should have opened  the
box prior to 5 minutes before the class and checked out what was in the
bag.  Gail did label each thing clearly, but I just jumped into the frying
pan.

I learned from the first one and was more prepared today when I tackled the
 next Little People.  The only challenge I had was Makayla [the 4 year old]
 was over and she saw that I had purple beads and she wanted me to make
that one  for her.[so much for Grandma wanting the purple one for me].  Then
she  wanted to help me make it.  I kinda had my hair stand on end as last
night  was kinda a disaster .  I took a deep breath and slapped on that smile
and  said, "Sure you can help me".  Well I got the wire and first bead on.
She did the hat and the head.  I did thebody with placing the arm wire and
then I held it and she sat on my lap and counted out the 6 tri beads for the
leg.  She got off my lap while I put the round bead and twisted the foot in
 place.  Got back on my lap and did the other leg.  We proceeded  shifting
on and off the lap, counting each leg and arm beads and Grandma putting  the
shoe and hands in place.  She was very happy with our project. I felt  that
it was a success.

She was off to play with her things and I did one more Little People on my
own which was for the almost 3 year old Princess.

So when the 7 year old got home from school  and she saw  the  Little
People she loved them.  She told me she wished she could make  one.  So I pulled
out the last kit and told her how to put it together and  even though she
likes blue the best, she told me I had made some mistakes on the  blue one
that I made for her and she happily went out the door with the red one  that
she had made.

I need to order more of these kits from Gail now that I know how to do  it!

Joyce  Kane
www.KraftersKorner.org  (http://www.krafterskorner.org/)