[Nfb-krafters-korner] FQ - NFB Krafters Korner's Friday's Questionof the Week for 11/26/10

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 04:00:30 UTC 2010

Hi Annette,
I wish we were traveling as that would give me an excuse to finish the
krafts I wanted to finish for Christmas.
If I did work on anything it would be some plastic canvas items I made for
my sister-in-law and niece.  The items are red and green Christmas coasters,
and one tissue box cover.  I am modify Terry Power's pattern for the tissue
box cover to fit in the words
UFF DA!
on one side.  I have almost finished everything else but that side.  I have
been trying to calculate the widths of the letters and count the right
number of holes to skip before making a stitch.
The tissue box cover is red and green and the letters will be in a fluffy
light weight white yarn, hence appearing like snow.
The significance is that my sis-in-law is allergic to any product that has a
fragrance. Hence she goes into hysterics when I wear a drop of perfume.
When I was contemplating whom to give the tissue box cover to, I thought of
her and her many allergies and the word UFF DA came to mind immediately.
"uff da" is a scandinavian expression popular in the midwest. It is used as
an exclamation when something is a little overwhelming -- either good or
bad.  For example, a bad smell or a beastly hot day evokes an uff da.
Seeing a very pretty girl can also make a guy say uff da.  You get the
idea...*smile*

Another gift kraft I'm finishing is a Christmas macrame belt.  I don't know
who is going to get that one.

I also still am working on an afghan that has been sitting for ages. I want
to finish it once and for all, but that will have to be done for Christmas
2011...
So that's all so far.
Hope your krafting is going well -- no dropped stitches or miscounting of
stitches...
--le