[Nfb-krafters-korner] Thanksgiving News

Gary Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Fri Nov 26 03:48:33 UTC 2010

Our family has R P. We loose our sight slowly. Sometimes we are
shocked ourselves when we can't see what we could see before.  I have
always told people that I see the "within".  Somedays it is so true
that no one can miss it.

Some of you know that my Grand Son, Joey, had a concussion on Monday.
This is his fourth and it has been quite a worry this week. They are
visiting us from Indiana. Now, you can't imagine what it is like here
when the whole gang shows up.  There is actually no control. lol  On
Wednesday morning I was listening to Joey going down stairs. I told
his parents that he shouldn't be allowed to go downstairs. I could
hear in his feet that he was uncertain.  They told me it was just his
cracking bones. Joes is very skinny and oh so very tall for a
thirteen year old.  Later that day, he fell down the steps and scared
us again. he is improving every day, but the fact is, that "old
Blind" Grandma could hear what the rest of them couldn't see.  Stop,
listen, smell, and be aware of your loved ones.  Your Insight is much
better then those eyes.

Really, I can remember a bit of what these kids looked like as
babies. Or what i could see of their faces then, But who they are is
much more vivid to me.  These Grand Kids are growing up to be
wonderful people. Each special in their own way. Just like their
looks are each special. No, not the same. Who they are is much more
important then how they look.  And those hugs? Only your heart can
see the love in them.