[Nfb-krafters-korner] Terrence and knitting looms

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Thu Oct 7 15:46:00 UTC 2010

Terrence

I am not the expert on this, but the theory is the same as using my
circular sock machine.  If you use not a heavy yarn you do it as a long  tube.
Then you just sew the ends closed and add a fringe on the  ends.  It is double
with no other seams.

Now if you want it a single layer you need to work it back and forth not in
 the round.  This way it will create a flat piece .  I would say leave
several of the pegs out of work so you will know when you need to turn and go
back the other way.

We used the method of folding the tube back up and putting the ends on the
needles of the sock machine to make a false cuff, too.

Joyce  Kane
www.KraftersKorner.org  (http://www.krafterskorner.org/)