[Nfb-krafters-korner] ideas for a bracelet

NCBootman ncbootman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 03:35:49 UTC 2010

Thank you all for having this conversation. I have to get serious again
about weight and it has to not be boring. So, if our spouse gets to eat a
ton because of hard work, then, as blind folk, we have to figure out how to
do hard labor! Things like scrub those floors on hands and knees, dancing
our hearts out, making a garden, ... It ain't easy, but it is doable. Also,
in our crafting, we find ways to burn more calories. Stand up to do things
because that gets more of the body involved. Instead of gathering items,
make a dozen trips from one room to another, anything that makes us move in
some way. Sighted people do crafts like woodworking, painting a mural,
sculpting, masonry, tile work, ... What are some things we can do that are
active and promote opportunities to be even more active? My treadmill is
good but if I don't realize I'm exercising, it's even more fun!

Greg