[Nfb-krafters-korner] Working from Stash

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Wed Oct 27 18:33:11 UTC 2010

Linda:

As tempting as your invitation is I won't say I'll be your de-stashing buddy
because I've done the New Year's resolution type of thing and have always
failed.  Lately, when I get the sales emails from yarn companies I pretty
much have just been pressing the delete key.  Except for last week end and
the Lion Brand news letter and that blasted sock loom <SMILE>.  So, I had a
relapse and have gone a little sock crazy without being totally sure I'll be
able to use the finer weight yarns.  I do think I'll be able to deal with
them though since the last time I tried such fine yarn my knitting has
advanced and I'm better equip to deal with knitting problems.

Part of the problem for us as blind knitters is we can't view the color
pallet of our yarns at a glance, so maybe its a good idea from time to time
is to go through the containers & bags and feel around and scan the colors
with the color scanner.  In other words, go shop your stash!  Let the stash
tempt you and then go find a project to work on with that yarn.  I find
myself getting motivated to knit when I get into my yarn containers and my
memory is refreshed that I have a particular yarn and how good it feels.

Maybe for those wanting to destash we could shop our stashes decide on a
weight category and then find a project that we could do a group knit along
type thing.  I might be tempted to do a knit along of some type if it was a
good project.

Good luck!

Eileen