[Nfb-krafters-korner] Dawn's Spooky Den (chat line#) alive thisThursday nite for Halloween story hour!

Theresa Taylor tct71887 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 02:11:19 UTC 2010

Great time tonight.....I so remember my grand parents telling me those kinds
of stories. Thanks for letting me go back in time and remembering the many
happy moments of growing up in New England. That area seems to really have a
way with scarey stories! Looking forward to more seasonal stories as the
months fly by!
Audry, You have a great gift and I appreciate you sharing it.
Theresa

thisThursday nite for Halloween story hour!

TO ALL LIST MEMBERS:

Dawn's Spooky Den will be alive tomorrow night (Thursday, Oct 28th) for a
reading of "Ole Timey" Halloween seasonal stories.

Gather your children and dial in on your phone line (preferably with speaker
device) to listen in on our scary, Secretary, Audrey Wellner (Baba Yaga)
read seasonal short stories passed down from generations of mothers, fathers
and grandparents as "Tales of Long Ago and Far Away."
Older members will relive a time of yesteryear when they heard these stories
over their cracklin radio sets in the parlor, when TV was a thing of the
future.
Children are welcomed to listen in only if they remain very quiet and listen
intently because if they don't "Baba Yaga" might get them! For my pretty
little ones - these are not tales of blood and gore, but scary stories that
grandparents told children that had "moral" endings or taught proper
behavior. If you don't know what the meaning of stories with "moral" endings
are, ask your parents or look up the meaning because "Baba Yaga" will be
asking her precious little ones what they've learned.
Please join me, both old and young alike, tomorrow night, Thursday October
28th at Dawn's Spooky Den, 8:00 pm EST: 1-218-862-3242, enter #1, hit #1 and
then #50.

(I will be reading for approximately 1 hour, (about 4 short stories) with
discussion following final story. Please arrive by coach early so as not to
disturb others listening and reserve questions till the end to preserve the
atmosphere....
The "Headless Horseman" will deliver people arriving late and he will not
announce your presence. Come in quietly, sit down and listen. Hot chocolate,
popcorn and munchies will be served in kitchens across the country after the
show. Be there or you'll be sorry)
Brought to you from the "Land of Beyond" by
Audrey Wellner, Secretary
("Baba Yaga" for this Halloween season)
NFB Krafters Korner division
PS: Krafter Korner, division of the NFB and all its officers not responsible
for causing any adverse thoughts for partaking in this reading and hope that
some positive moral behavior will be learned from this session.