[Nfb-krafters-korner] Dawn's Spooky Den (chat line#) alive thisThursday nite for Halloween story hour!

AUDREY WELLNER rencraft at snet.net
Fri Oct 29 06:11:23 UTC 2010

Thank you Theresa,
   Being a costumer I just love the Halloween season. It can be so creative!  I really don't care for the new genre of blood, gore and violence. There's really no need for that.and certainly no thought behind it.
   Here in Connecticut it's sad to see the many once used farm fields standing vacant, not being tilled or cleared in the fall anymore. One of the local farmers and I were chatting one day about his grandchildren wanting to start one of those bloody haunted hayrides and how much he was against it. So I said to him had he suggested they just walk people through his already established corn maze in the dark in silence, then disappear and let the people honestly hear the sounds of the night and find their way out. Well they took up part of the suggestion and it turned out to be one of the scariest corn mazes in these parts.
   I live in a rather remote (but rural populated) sections of CT and years back when I could walk my dog we used to walk late at night before going to bed (working so many hours--it was the only time I had to walk him)  Chrissy was a big German Shepard that I rescued from freezing to death on the side of the road and when we walked together people would move to the other side of the street, (he was so big). We had some frightfully harrowing experiences at night. Even he was afraid!  I used to take Chrissy to Manhattan with me when I had to go material shopping in the Bowery. No one would come anywhere near me. If they only knew what a timid dog he was.
   Thank you for your compliment on line. If you have any suggestions for content or improvements, I'd love to hear them.  Joyce and I have decided 5 stories seem to fit the hour with room for discussion afterward. So let me know--speed, volume, content, anything even corrections for properly pronouncing foreign words (thank you Terrance-need some polish on the French ones, I'm sure there'll be plenty more). It's too bad CRIS radio can't figure out a way to accommodate my physical handicaps to records these sessions.
   See you all around Thanksgiving with some more "Ole Timey Tales"..............
Thanks
Audrey Wellner, Secretary
   NFB Krafters Korner division