[Nfb-krafters-korner] Knitting Tip

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Sat Sep 4 18:04:31 UTC 2010

Annette IS ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.  If you stick the points of your needles
through the skein or ball of yarn you run a large risk of damaging the
strands of your yarn and producing weak points in the yarn where it will
make it easier to rip or pull apart or just become very splitty on you.  I
know you always used to see your grandmother or aunty doing this with their
knitting but back then they just didn't realize what they were doing to
their yarn fibers.

Its much better to use point protectors or if their not available near you
then use hair bands or rubber bands to keep your work secured on them and
the points together so they don't poke through your carrying bags.

Eileen