[Nfb-krafters-korner] I need some help here

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Fri Sep 10 01:28:13 UTC 2010

Hi friends,
I have been approaced to teach a pottery class for blind students. I would like to do it. What I need to do is design a class with a nifty name that would be catchy and sound like a class you would like to take.

I am thinking the name of this course should relate to what we experience as artists/crafters who have sight loss.  Something that might include "touch" in the title; and since it is working with clay, the title might have something to do with "earth."  Does anyone feel inspired with a good name for my class????? Help???

At this time I do not know the target age for the participants. It may be up to me to decide that and once I know the age range then I can plan how many sessions we'll do and what we will make.

I am very nervous about this though, because I have only been blind for 3 years. I have NO experience at teaching blind people anything, since I am still learning HOW to do things myself. So, in addition to possible names for this pottery course, if you have any other ideas for me as to HOW to teach a blind person to make pottery I will be MOST grateful.

As a participant on this list, I feel like I have a whole group of advisors to turn to for help - that makes me not so afraid of tackling this project.
Thanks. Lynda Lambert

Visit my website:  http://lyndalambert.com