[Nfb-krafters-korner] lifeline - Irene

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Sat Sep 11 23:50:35 UTC 2010

Hi Jewel:

You're very welcome and I'm glad you felt like you gained something from the
class.  Before you actually use the life lines in a complicated lace
pattern, maybe it would be a good idea just to play with it  in some simpler
type patterns to make sure you are totally comfortable with it weather you
use the circular needle or a long strand of yarn as the life line.

If you are working on long pattern repeats of 20 or more rows, it is a good
idea to pick two or more places in your pattern repeats where you will
always insert the L.L. so you know when you rip back what row it is on and
what the row that follows it will  be.  If you are working a long pattern
repeat say 20 rows, then you may want to insert a L.L. in two places in that
pattern repeat.  For a Pattern repeat that might be 50 rows long you again
may want multiple L.L.'s put in.  For short repeats say 4 or 8 rows, maybe
then you'd just put one in on the first plain row in the pattern.

Good luck and hope you like it as much as I do.

Eileen