[Nfb-krafters-korner] Fwd: looking for a dish cloth pattern

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Tue Sep 14 19:14:55 UTC 2010

Cool Thanks Eileen!

-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Eileen Scrivani
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 10:19 AM
To: List for blind crafters and artists
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Fwd: looking for a dish cloth pattern

Hi Cindy:

If you want to place stitch markers on to indicate when you get to those
stitches that get purled, they go directly onto the shaft of the needle.
The only problem with this mostly garter stitch pattern is that on alternate
rows, those purl stitches get knitted.  An alternate suggestion for you is
to place either a locking stitch marker or coiless safety pin directly onto
the fabric when you are on the purl side.  Every time the face of the fabric
that has the marker or pin on it faces you, then you will purl, when that
side faces away from you just knit across the row.

Don't use just any old safety pin as they have a good chance of catching on
your knitted fabric.

HTH.

Eileen