[Nfb-krafters-korner] stick weaving for Theresa

Carol Osmar osmarc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 21 12:38:37 UTC 2010

You didn't mention how many sticks you were having him make for
you.  I have 11  of the quarter inch sticks and I have used all
of them at one time to make a wider fabric.  The difficult part
of using so many is getting it started.  I found that if you put
a stiff item, like a scrap piece of wood on both sides of the
sticks holding it all together with a rubber band keeps the
sticks in a straight line.  Once you get a few layers of weaving
on the sticks you can remove the supports and it will be easy to
continue.

Hope this helps.

Carol