[Nfb-krafters-korner] rag rugs Susan

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Wed Sep 22 03:46:28 UTC 2010

When I did it, yes, I used stockenette with only 6 stitches.  I let the
strip curl inward naturally, but did not close it, just knit and purl
without joining.  I foundclosing the "tube" as I coiled allowed me to shift
the edges to keep it from buldging as you turned the end corners.  You could
just either keep knitting one very, very, long strip, adding pieces of
colors"scrap yarn" as you finished different projects or kind of make your
own variation of verigated strips.  I have done one with different shades of
brown and another one of just one continueing strip in a verigated yarn that
matched one of my bathrooms.

The color combinations are endless and you can even work it up like
patchwork rag rugs, with random color changes along with short or longer
strips as you went.

Susan R.
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net