[Nfb-krafters-korner] Welcome Ninn

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sun Sep 26 15:35:04 UTC 2010

Ninn,

Welcome.  Please do tell me how or where you heard about Krafters  Korner
or NFB Krafters Division?  I like to hear from the new folks how  they found
out about us.  That is defintely one of my jobs getting the word  out to all
visually impaired folks about the going ons over here at Krafters  Korner.

It is the right place to hang out as we do have a lot of different crafters
 that do all types of crafts.  The best part as you said is and many of
them  have figured out how to do it without sight or much available sight.  I
started this up just for that reason.

We all can go and take classes or join local guilds, but mostly the sighted
 world have these things going and they don't have a clue what to do with
us.  They don't understand maybe we know how to do it and just want to join
in with others to share our projects, ask for opinions or learn from us or
teach  us something new.  I started my own knitting/crochet group locally
because  the one I had gone to and I asked about other groups, I was told they
couldn't  teach me how to do it.  I did not want them to teach me as I had
been  knitting and crocheting, sewing for 45 years and I had gotten back
into doing  all of that after I went blind.  The group I started up by sitting
on the  porch of a country store that my cousin owned were all sighted
folks[I did get 2  other blind people to join us for a small time, but they all
took me as a  kknitter and crafter that was blind, not a blind knitter.

I also thought how great it would be to somehow get a group of blind people
 together to share their know how on doing crafting.  Well with the NFB and
 the folks on this list it has grown into an international crafting
happening for  the blind.

Please check out our website for upcoming classes that might interest you
over on our website.

_www.KraftersKorner.org_ (http://www.KraftersKorner.org)

I do hope you take some time

Joyce  Kane