[Nfb-krafters-korner] crochet

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Sun Sep 26 16:53:27 UTC 2010

Oh smile, the question about uneven rows has me smiling.  I can hear my mom
being very patient, a rare time indeed, saying, Ok Becky you started with
eleven chains and now you have ten single crochets. You chained one and
turned.  Now feel how each of the tops of the single crochet have two
threads as tops. Now put your needle just below the tops and yarn over.  Now
at the end of this row count and see if you have indeed ten single crochets
made.My mom had fits with me as I would skip stitches or crochet twice in
the same hole. Oh trust me I was a slow learner.  So yes for the next
several rows count your stitches absolutely count.  I taught one lady who
got eighteen stitches. She started going down the side and around.  There is
nothing wrong with in her case putting a bobby pin at the end of the row.
That bobby pin had her doing better then I did when I first learned,
smile.She knew that was the last stich in that row. She phased the bobby pin
out as she gained experience.

Warm hugs,

Forgive me if I confused anyone or said something the teacher does not
recommend.

Becky and Jake

database 5481 (20100926) __________

http://www.eset.com