[Nfb-krafters-korner] Alpaca Yarn

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Mon Apr 4 14:37:38 UTC 2011

Lynda,
Sounds exciting!  Thanks for sharing.

Cindy Z.

-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of River Woman
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2011 8:33 AM
To: List for blind crafters and artists
Subject: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Alpaca Yarn

I have not been on the site for quite awhile as I am super busy with projects. I wanted to share something fun that I am doing right now though.

I belong to a knitter's group, the Knit-Wits. We meet every Friday night. One person who belongs to the group owns an alpaca farm and is in the process of getting her store set up on the farm. She'll be selling the yarns and other alpaca products produced at her farm. Right now, some of the group members are knitting up swatches and samples of the various alpaca yarns and blends she will be featuring in the store.

But, the best part is this:  some of us in the group will be creating yarns that are alpaca blends and will be sold in her store. The brand of the yarn will be "knit Wits" after our group.  Each of us will create a yarn that will be exclusive to her shop. And, we will be knitting items made with "our" yarns, that will be featured in her shop so that customers can see what the possibilities are and to inspire them to make something from the yarn.  The yarn I am designing will be 50%Baby Alpaca, blended with very fine Merino Wool, and Silk - I have not yet chosen the amount of each. And, I am thinking that I want my yarn to be the vintage color that would have been called "Ashes of Roses" which is a twilight gray lavender/blue. That will be my first experience of making my own yarn and I am so excited about it.

Just wanted to share one of my projects with you all here on the KK....today, I will be busy knitting soem swatches of two different alpaca yarns for the shop.  Always something in the works here at River Road Studio.

Lynda River Woman
Lynda Lambert
104 River Road
Ellwood City, PA 16117