[Nfb-krafters-korner] Alpaca Yarn

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Apr 5 21:44:13 UTC 2011

Linda,

So when can we buy some?

In a message dated 4/3/2011 9:31:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
denise.shaible at att.net writes:

Hey, Lynda,

that's so cool.  I have a question,  though.  I'm vegan vegetarian, which
meanns I don't eat meat of any  sort, including fish and chicken or dairy
products or eggs.  Although  I still wear leather, I don't believe in
harming
animals for their fur or  down.
I'm wondering if the owner of the farm has to harm the animals to get
their
fur to create the wool.  I've heard that even if they're  sheared, they can
still be harmed by the shearing process.  I'd like  to know because I love
alpaca wool.  I'm also wondering if the blends  will be less than 50%
actual
wool.  Please let me  know.

Regards,

Denise