[Nfb-krafters-korner] FQ: Crafts on the go

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Fri Apr 8 02:02:39 UTC 2011

I had rather crochet if I'm doing a lot of car or plane traveling.
Crochetting is easier to stop quickly and put it away and I don't have to
worry about stitches dropping off my needles.  I have even taken a coiless
safety pin and put it through my open crochet loop so that it can't unravel
while I'm not working on it.  I keep things organized in ziplock bags and
then in a tote bag.  I usually just cary some of the yarn I'll be using for
the squares, a small pair of sheers, a yarn needle and the crochet hook I'm
working with.  This is when I like to do my Granny squares because each
piece is small, fitting nicely in the plastic bags and then I just put them
together when I have some sit down time while reading or watching
television.Nothing complicated, just something to keep my hands busy and a
quick way to add easy items to my box of things to take to the Web of Hope.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net