[Nfb-krafters-korner] FQ: Crafts on the go

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Fri Apr 8 16:43:50 UTC 2011

Well I have just recently gotten a job and I have to use 2 different bus
transit services to get where I am going.  So I leave from home and then  get
driven to a hospital lobby the next town over and sit there waiting for the
 other transportation service to pickk me up.  Now our New Haven, CT "My
Ride" has proven to be quite an unpredictable challenge.  The first part of
my trip usually takes 15 minutes, but the next part has been averaging any
where  from 25 minutes up to 2 and a half hours.  So I have begun taking my
knitting.  I have been able to knit a baby sweater completely in 2 trips
back and forth from work.

I would rather be sitting at work being paid for that time instead of
sitting in a bus van riding all over the place or sitting and waiting in a
hospital lobby.  There has been days that I have been at work for 3 and a  half
hours and the bus trip has lasted over 4 hours going and coming.  From  my
house to my place of work it is 19 1/2 miles.

In a message dated 4/8/2011 12:44:27 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,