[Nfb-krafters-korner] FQ: Crafts on the go

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 8 23:24:42 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I never leave the house without a knit or crochet project.  I work on my
project during my commute to and from work, and whenever I am in the car
going around town.  One time when we were sitting at a stop light the driver
in the car next to us on the passenger side yelled out, "Wow knitting in
public, I only knit in my living room."

I keep my current project in a ziplock bag or a small canvas bag.  I put the
contained project into a bigger tote where I keep a small make up case that
holds a crochet hook, stitch markers, a couple of safety pins, a yarn
needle, a clover yarn cutter or nail clipper, a 24 inch length of scrap yarn
that can be used for a life line or holding the stitches of a provisional
cast on, a cable needle, a small nail file, a sample size hand cream and a
sample size hand sanitizer.  Sometimes I do not use the larger tote, and
just put the makeup case and the project in my backpack.

Annette