[Nfb-krafters-korner] gauge question

vlondon vlondon at centurylink.net
Thu Apr 14 20:56:27 UTC 2011

Hi,

If I were to do a gauge this way would it nbe an accurate measurement?  If I cast on the exact number of stitches required to make four inches and knitted the exact number of rows, would the measurement be accurate enough?  I have heard that when you do a gauge swatch you're supposed to cast on more stitches and do more rows than required and then measure somewhere in the middle of your swatch.  I do not believe I can do that very accurately.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.   I am going to attempt a vest.

Vickie